On march 29, michelle has been spotted with french director Leos Carax and since then she was rumored to take the part of the lead role of the musical Annette but no confirmation, now it’s been confirmed, the filming is sheduled for July until september, we can say michelle is really into musicals.
It’s been a bit of a bumpy ride when it comes to “Holy Motors” director Leos Carax‘s next film, “Annette.” At first, the film was promising the alluring trio of Adam Driver, Rooney Mara, and Rihanna in starring roles, only for the latter pair to drop out this spring. Since then, things have been pretty quiet around the movie, but it looks like the project has just received a big new addition.
Cécile Olivy of the agency Mcasting (via The Film Stage) has revealed that Michelle Williams has joined the film. Production will begin in July and run through September, with the musical revolving around a stand-up comedian whose opera-singer wife is deceased, and his two-year-old daughter, who has a surprising gift. Sparks will provide new tunes for the picture, and you can count on us being excited (again) for this one. For Williams, it continues her run with musicals, having just finished Hugh Jackman‘s forthcoming “The Greatest Showman.”
Amazon has snapped up the U.S. rights for this one, and while there’s no release date yet, you can bet all eyes are on Carax to return to Cannes next year, where he’s always been welcome. Casting is continuing for “Annette,” and hopefully there will be more news soon.
- All the Money In The World ( Ridley Scott ) : the filming should begin in the days to come in Italy
- Annette ( Leos Carax ) : filming in July – September 2017
- Wonderstruck ( Todd Haynes ) : the movie will be released on October 20, 2017
- The Greatest Showman (Michael Gracey) : release date on December 25, 2017
- All the Old Knives ( James Marsh ) : according to the author of the book Olen Steinhauer, the filming should begin in early 2018.
- Janis ( Sean Durkin ) : no information